As an economic development organization, Virginia’s Gateway Region provides a one-stop resource for international businesses exploring U.S. operations. With years of international experience from a plethora of annual overseas trade missions, we understand the unique challenges and opportunities for international businesses. We are dedicated to making it convenient and attractive to start and develop your business in Virginia.
Specifically, Virginia’s Gateway Region provides cost-free support services for foreign organizations as they explore investment or business opportunities within the region. Major services include:
- Assistance in scheduling meetings with government officials, attorneys, financiers and more
- Arrangements for visits to companies, regional destinations and/or sites and buildings
- Opportunities for local experts to make relevant presentations to visiting foreign companies and governments
- Access to area meeting rooms and accommodations
- Teleconferencing to facilitate meetings with Virginia companies
- Supplier and vendor relationship opportunities
- Targeted research
- General-access information on operating costs/tax rates and financial savings through incentive programs and enterprise zones
Representatives from international companies are introduced to useful local contacts and led to appropriate local destinations. In one trip, a company can take care of all its needs and VGR will keep this process centralized and efficient.