Area Colleges & Universities
Two- and four-year colleges and universities in the Gateway Region are in sync with our industries, providing curriculum and technology relevant to what today’s employers are looking for. These institutions also offer continuing education programs for seniors and others interested in lifelong learning.
- John Tyler Community College
As the fifth largest college in the Virginia Community College System, JTCC offers more than 50 program, 14 associate degrees, eight certificates and 30 career studies certificates, serving over 10,000 students. In 2011, Rolls-Royce donated the exact machines it uses on its Prince George County shop floor to train students who may become employees.
- Richard Bland College/College of William and Mary
Richard Bland College is the two-year counterpart to the College of William and Mary – one of the oldest colleges in the country and the birthplace of Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
- Virginia State University
In addition to a strong and diverse liberal arts program, the university boasts Virginia's only manufacturing engineering degree as well as a logistics technology degree program. The land grant campus also offers cutting edge training via its agricultural extension component – Randolph Farm.
- Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia
This is the largest public university in Virginia, VCU has strong programs across the board including a medical/research university, engineering and business schools, fine arts, and a marketing/branding center.
- University of Richmond
A private liberal arts university in Richmond with a premier law school and strong liberal arts curriculum. The University of Richmond’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies offers personal enrichment and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute classes and membership.
More information is available in the Data Center.
Local Education Providers & Resources
Click on a community's name to see a list of resources--such as public and private schools, libraries, and technical centers--for that county or city.
- Chesterfield County
- Chesterfield Library System
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Chesterfield Technical Center
- Evangel Christian School
- Freedom Christian Academy
- Gill Grove Baptist School
- Guardian Christian Academy
- Heritage Christian Academy
- Richmond Christian School
- St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School
- Maggie L. Walker Governor's School
- Appomattox Regional Governor's School for the Arts and Technology
- The City of Colonial Heights
- Dinwiddie County
- The City of Hopewell
- The City of Petersburg
- Prince George County
- Surry County
- Sussex County