Whether you are looking for an urban loft in a vibrant downtown setting, family-friendly communities, a golf course community, a 20-acre horse farm or just some wide open space, you can find it here in the Gateway Region. Here are some “go-to” resources for renting and buying in the region.
- The Apartment Connection offers a range of corporate temporary housing around the region.
- If you are looking for luxury suburban apartments, Rivermont Station in Chester is minutes from Fort Lee, Meadowville Technology Park and downtown Petersburg.
- AHRN is a one-stop solution for helping military personnel find quality housing options.
- Looking for luxury apartment style housing just moments from the nightlife and restaurants in Old Towne Petersburg? Dabney Furnished Properties offers furnished luxury apartments at Aqua and around the region to our U.S. Military.
- Other multifamily and mixed-use market rate apartments in the area can be found at Weinstein Properties (more than 700 market rate apartments in Petersburg).
- Landmark Property Services manages communities throughout and just outside the region. In early 2012, the impressive Perry Street Lofts opened the first phase of its residential lofts, which comprise a larger mixed-use lifestyle/retail destination in downtown Petersburg.
- Let one of the expert real estate professionals at the Ford Agency and Parr and Abernathy do the work for you.
Get a feel for the range of housing and lifestyle options in our region, using the direct links to browse listings in each of the eight communities.
- Chesterfield County
More than 67 percent of the region’s residents call Chesterfield County their home. It’s no wonder as Chesterfield is home to some of the most sought-after addresses and top public schools in the state. Whether you are looking for lakefront property at Chesdin Landing (also bordered by Dinwiddie County), luxury golf course living in Founder’s Bridge, or a neo-traditional walkable community in Chester Village Green, Chesterfield has a robust housing market for just about any need and lifestyle.
- The City of Colonial Heights
As the retail heart of Virginia’s Gateway Region, Colonial Heights means living within a 5-minute drive of major retailers, restaurants and amenities. That translates into more time with your friends and family at the heart of it all. Dunlop Farms is one example of the beautiful communities available here.
- Dinwiddie County
With large-lot home sites and a chance to see the stars at night, Dinwiddie offers many diverse housing opportunities in a rural setting, yet it’s just minutes from retail centers in Colonial Heights and Chesterfield. And if you’re looking for direct boat access, try Chesdin Manor!
- The City of Hopewell
Hopewell is known for its strong manufacturing base. It also has a hearty stock of charming neighborhoods and downtown living opportunities from Mansion Hills to downtown lofts and marina living. Hopewell also has an extensive selection of historic Sears catalog homes in the Crescent Hills neighborhood.
- The City of Petersburg
If you have ever thought of owning and renovating a historic home, Petersburg is your kind of place. Its historic antebellum housing stock has been a draw for bed-and-breakfasts and pioneer renovators. In the last decade, developers have swarmed the historic warehouses, converting them into modern loft-style, market-rate apartments.
- Prince George County
This rural community offers an array of housing options including 5+ acre home sites, farms, equestrian amenities and riverfront estates. The county is home to the area’s largest employer, Fort Lee, which also makes it prime for growth–including an ever-increasing retail and restaurant scene. Prince George offers the best of country living with the conveniences of modern amenities.
- Surry County
It’s no wonder that so many historic plantations were built in Surry – the James River views and charming rural setting have since made this a place sought after for second homes and river homes. Why not make your new home a place to vacation at all year long?
- Sussex County
Sussex has seen a steady increase in new housing over the past few years. Sussex is a stopping point for travelers along U.S. Route 460 going to and from the beaches of Virginia and North Carolina. How would you like to live in a growing rural community within an hour of the beach?