We ally with state, local and other regional partners to serve companies already doing business in the region’s communities and planning or undergoing “expansion,” defined as adding new jobs or investing in new equipment, facilities, research or distribution activity.
In-House Services for Local Business
We provide a full complement of services for local companies of all stages. Contact us for immediate, personalized, free and confidential support, including:
- Single point of contact: Streamlined communication and data collection for key factors in decision process
- Meetings and introductions with business contacts and policy makers: Local employers, import/export experts, workforce and staffing, regulatory and government entities, and on-demand outreach to answer project-specific questions
- Financing and incentives: Preview and proposal preparation
- Available buildings and greenfield sites: Maintain extensive database and draw from multiple sources including brokers, private and public sources, and on-demand outreach
- Streamlined GIS resources: Local, regional and topical maps, downloads and GIS resources
- Labor market analysis: Demographics, workforce, education, major employers and all other on-demand location-specific information
- Commercial market analysis: Supply/demand, business inventories and more
- Employee recruitment and training support: Case studies available for organizing job fairs, lowering training costs, coordinating training and apprenticeship programs, etc.
- Industry workshops and forums: VGR conducts events each quarter to serve local businesses with timely information and network support
For companies considering upgrades and new purchases for facilities or equipment, local banks offer business loans at competitive interest rates. We are well-connected with regional financial institutions and can be an important ally in seeking funding for an expansion project. We’ve also made it easy to research taxes and business costs or consider your eligibility for expansion incentives.
Expand Market Reach
For Virginia companies considering entering international markets, there are resources available at little or no cost:
Virginia International Trade Alliance: Visit this state government-sponsored resource if you are interested in growing your business abroad in any way. Services include trade show collaboration and assistance, meeting coordination, translation, marketing and advertising, custom market research, and more.
- Metro Richmond Exports Initiative (MREI): Explore this pilot-program for Richmond-area companies on their website, metrorichmondexports.com. The MREI offers area businesses: an introduction to exporting issues, trade mission and international trade show support, access to export resources, partners, and a growing network of metro area exporters and service providers.
- Gain an International Foothold: Virginia Leaders in Export Trade (VALET) helps Virginia companies gain a profitable foothold in global markets, utilizing resources for participating companies such as sales planning, private-sector expertise, or capital resources up to $15,000 toward export related expenses
- Trade Missions/Market Visits: Visit international markets as part of a team of like-minded Virginia companies. These trade missions include pre-planned business meetings and other services as needed such as language assistance, facilities coordination and networking receptions
- Market Research: Classification of products for export, due diligence and shipping data, etc.
- Global Network: More consultants located in more than 75 countries work to support Virginia’s business community and increase international sales through matchmaking, personalized market research and additional services localized for each country
- Contact: Lee Sanderson, International Trade Manager, (804) 545-5755, LSanderson@YesVirginia.org
Virginia SBDC International Business Development Program: Offers training programs and one-on-one counseling for Virginia businesses interested in creating or growing a global presence.
Engage with Local Business & Government Leaders
Partners are local business and financial leaders mobilized to support business investment and reinvestment in the region. Partnership with VGR offers opportunities for not only networking with peers but possibilities for mentorship and guidance through evolving business challenges. This group is some of the most experienced of the local crop. Local chambers of commerce are also important partners that extend our sphere of influence into the broader business community. Browse the Local Business Events calendar for scheduled workshops, networking opportunities and more ways to engage with the local business community.
We work in concert with the seven local governments and state-level partners and policy makers to offer one-stop access to experts and officials to assist in making growth plans, address location-specific needs, and forge long-term supportive relationships.
Improve Business Processes & Documentation
- Succession Planning: Many organizations lack “a solid pipeline of candidates who are ‘ready now’ to assume critical leadership roles.” CCWA can assist with programs to identify and train emerging and high-potential leaders to move your organization into the future.
- Technical Writing: Documentation can make or break a product or process, and “writing technical materials, including installation guides, operator manuals and procedure manuals, requires a specialized set of skills.” CCWA consultants have the experience and skills to produce the documentation as well as provide the technical training to your staff to maintain and update the material.
- Process Consulting: CCWA can provide an independent review of your business processes, identify areas for improvement, and assist with the redesign of processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
Upgrade Facilities & Equipment
We can help you find the right site or building or additional relevant information and custom research such as local equipment and materials suppliers and more. And our partners include successful A&E and contractor firms.